Stephanie Wagar, Town Clerk
Arlene Longo, Deputy Town Clerk
26 Grange Hall Road
Stephentown, NY 12168
518-733-9195 Ext. 8 (phone)
You may purchase your license online or by calling DEC Sales at 1-866-933-2257. To purchase a Hunting License online please use this NEW Link: https://decals.licensing.east.kalkomey.com/
Town Clerk Office Closures
The Office will be closed on Wednesday, July 21, 2021. If you need immediate assistance please email the Town Clerk at email@example.com. The Office will be open again on Friday, July 23rd, 2021 at 5:00PM.
Town Clerk Hours
The Town Clerk’s Office is open for walk-in office hours:
- Mondays 5pm-7pm
- Tuesdays 10am-1pm (Deputy Town Clerk hours)
- Wednesdays 5pm-7pm
- Fridays 5pm -7pm
We ask that if someone is in the office that you wait your turn in the hallway to practice social distancing. Masks are required and must be worn at all times while in the Town Hall if you have NOT been vaccinated.
We will continue to serve those over email/mail as well, if you prefer to conduct business over email please email the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 26 Grange Hall Road, Stephentown, NY 12168. (The Town Clerk has access to email outside of office hours, please feel free to email anytime).
We ask that if you are not feeling well or have been sick to stay home and contact us we will be happy to assist you the best we can during this challenging time.
Thank you! Stay Safe!
Deputy Town Clerk Hours (Town Clerk unavailable at this time)
- Tuesday 10 am – 1 pm
PLEASE do not call the Town Clerk’s Office regarding Court Issues (i.e. to pay a fine, traffic tickets, small claims). You must go through the Justice Court to get these issues resolved. Do not call the Town Clerk’s Office regarding Taxes or Assessment Issues (i.e. recent property sales, Exemptions, or to pay taxes). These issues are to be handled by the Departments themselves.
- Marriage Licenses (worksheets available below) – $40
- Dog Licenses (bring in Rabies & Spay/Neuter Cert.) – $3.50 & $11.50
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Games of Chance Licenses
- Transfer Station Stickers & Bags (for purchase)
- Town Minutes & Records
- Registrar/Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage)
- Vital Records from 1847 to present (some gaps throughout)
- Copies $0.25/copy
There are no fax services located at this office,
For Notary Services please visit the Court Clerk, the Assessor, a Lawyer, or a Bank.
- From Albany: I-90 to Exit 8 – Route 43 East to Stephentown – second right on Grange Hall Road
- From Massachusetts: Route 20 East to Route 22 North at New Lebanon to Stephentown – Route 43 at red light turn left to Grange Hall Road
- From Vermont: Route 22 South to Stephentown – turn right to Route 43 – to Grange Hall Road
Marriage Worksheet [PDF]
Print two copies — one for each person. Please call if you have any questions. Must have original: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and a valid Government Issued ID. If either party has been divorced, please provide all divorce decrees. If you do not have a copy, contact the court in which the divorce was taken.