Stephanie Wagar, Town Clerk
Arlene Longo, Deputy Town Clerk
26 Grange Hall Road
Stephentown, NY 12168
518-733-9195 Ext. 8 (phone)
PLEASE do not call the Town Clerk’s Office regarding Court Issues (i.e. to pay a fine, traffic tickets, small claims). You must go through the Justice Court to get these issues resolved. Do not call the Town Clerk’s Office regarding Taxes or Assessment Issues (i.e. recent property sales, Exemptions, or to pay taxes). These issues are to be handled by the Departments themselves.
Town Clerk Hours
- Monday 5 – 7 pm
- Tuesday CLOSED
- Wednesday 5 – 7 pm
- Thursday CLOSED
- Friday 5 – 7 pm
- 2nd & 3rd Saturdays of the Month 9 am – 12 pm
- Appointments are available all year, made 2 weeks in advance or otherwise issued by the Town Clerk. No appointment is needed during open hours.
Deputy Town Clerk Hours (Town Clerk unavailable at this time)
- Tuesday 10 am – 1 pm
- Marriage Licenses (worksheets available below) – $40
- Dog Licenses (bring in Rabies & Spay/Neuter Cert.) – $3.50 & $11.50
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Games of Chance Licenses
- Transfer Station Stickers & Bags (for purchase)
- Town Minutes & Records
- Registrar/Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage)
- Vital Records from 1847 to present (some gaps throughout)
- Copies $0.25/copy
There are no fax services located at this office,
For Notary Services please visit the Court Clerk, the Assessor, a Lawyer, or a Bank.
- From Albany: I-90 to Exit 8 – Route 43 East to Stephentown – second right on Grange Hall Road
- From Massachusetts: Route 20 East to Route 22 North at New Lebanon to Stephentown – Route 43 at red light turn left to Grange Hall Road
- From Vermont: Route 22 South to Stephentown – turn right to Route 43 – to Grange Hall Road
Marriage Worksheet [PDF]
Print two copies — one for each person. Please call if you have any questions. Must have original: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and a valid Government Issued ID. If either party has been divorced, please provide all divorce decrees. If you do not have a copy, contact the court in which the divorce was taken.