Stephanie Wagar, Town Clerk
Arlene Longo, Deputy Town Clerk
26 Grange Hall Road
Stephentown, NY 12168
518-733-9195 Ext. 8 (phone)
PLEASE NOTE OUR NYS DEC system is currently working and you MUST schedule an appointment with our office if you choose to come in person to purchase your license. You can schedule an appointment by CALLING (518)733-9195 ext.8. Masks are required and we ask that no more than TWO people are allowed to the appointment.
You may also purchase your license online or by calling DEC Sales at 1-866-933-2257. To purchase a Hunting License online please use this NEW Link: https://decals.licensing.east.kalkomey.com/
PLEASE do not call the Town Clerk’s Office regarding Court Issues (i.e. to pay a fine, traffic tickets, small claims). You must go through the Justice Court to get these issues resolved. Do not call the Town Clerk’s Office regarding Taxes or Assessment Issues (i.e. recent property sales, Exemptions, or to pay taxes). These issues are to be handled by the Departments themselves.
Town Clerk Hours
Covid UPDATE: The Town Clerk’s Office will begin taking APPOINTMENTS ONLY.
NO WALK-INS at this time if you show and do not have a scheduled appointment you will be turned away.
Masks are required and must be worn at all times during your appointment. Please call 518-733-9195 ext. 8 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. We will continue to serve those over email/mail as well. We ask that if you have traveled in the last 14 days or do not feel well to stay home. Thank you! Stay Safe!
- Friday 5:30pm – 7:30 pm by Appointments ONLY
Deputy Town Clerk Hours (Town Clerk unavailable at this time)
- Tuesday 10 am – 1 pm by Appointments ONLY
- Marriage Licenses (worksheets available below) – $40
- Dog Licenses (bring in Rabies & Spay/Neuter Cert.) – $3.50 & $11.50
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Games of Chance Licenses
- Transfer Station Stickers & Bags (for purchase)
- Town Minutes & Records
- Registrar/Vital Records (Birth, Death, Marriage)
- Vital Records from 1847 to present (some gaps throughout)
- Copies $0.25/copy
There are no fax services located at this office,
For Notary Services please visit the Court Clerk, the Assessor, a Lawyer, or a Bank.
- From Albany: I-90 to Exit 8 – Route 43 East to Stephentown – second right on Grange Hall Road
- From Massachusetts: Route 20 East to Route 22 North at New Lebanon to Stephentown – Route 43 at red light turn left to Grange Hall Road
- From Vermont: Route 22 South to Stephentown – turn right to Route 43 – to Grange Hall Road
Marriage Worksheet [PDF]
Print two copies — one for each person. Please call if you have any questions. Must have original: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and a valid Government Issued ID. If either party has been divorced, please provide all divorce decrees. If you do not have a copy, contact the court in which the divorce was taken.