On January 4th, 2021, at 7:00PM the following applicants were appointed to the following positions for 2021:
- CLERK TO ASSESSOR – Tracy Grant
- CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER – Owen Cassavaugh
- CONSTABLE – Henry Wagar
- COURT CLERK – Tammy Whitman
- DEPUTY CODE ENFOR. OFFICER – Dean Herrick
- DEPUTY TAX COLLECTOR – Eileen Roder
- DEPUTY TOWN CLERK – Arlene Longo
- DEUPTY ZONING OFFICER – Dean Herrick
- DOG CONTROL OFFICER – Maggie Banker
- PLANNING BOARD CLERK – Laurie Gilliland
- REGISTRAR – Stephanie Wagar
- SUPERVISOR BOOKKEEPER – Larry Eckhardt
- ZONING BOARD APPEALS CLERK – Laurie Gilliland
- ZONING OFFICER – Owen Cassavaugh
- TRANSFER STATION SENIOR ATTENDANT – Agnes Hoffman
- TRANSFER STATION ATTENDANT – Bob Olson
- 2 TRANSFER STATION SUBSTITUTE(s) (Minimum Wage) – Rebecca Hartnett & Timothy Dormady
- Youth Commission Program Director & Assistant Director – Duties have been contracted out to the Library, see the Library if interested in working for the Youth Commission.
The following positions several applicants have applied and will be interviewed by the Town Board. A Town Resolution to appoint these positions will be at a later date.
- 1 Zoning Board of Appeal Member Positions: 5 Year term to expire on December 31st, 2024
- 1 Zoning Board of Appeal Member Positions: 5 Year term to expire on December 31st, 2025
- 1 Planning Board Member Position: 5 Year Term to expire on December 31st, 2024
- 1 Planning Board Member Position: 5 Year Term to expire on December 31st, 2025
- Alternates for both Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning Board
ATTENTION ALL DOG OWNERS IN THE TOWN OF STEPHENTOWN
Stephanie M. Wagar, the Stephentown Town Clerk, wishes to remind residents that under New York State Ag and Markets law, all dogs are required to be licensed by four (4) months of age. Before a license can be issued or renewed, current proof of rabies vaccination must be provided. Rabies is a contagious and serious disease spread from animals to people so having them vaccinated helps to protect not only your dog, but you and your family.
To obtain a new license, a copy of the current Rabies Certificate is required (must be valid for more than 30 days prior to licensing). If the dog has been spayed/neutered proof that the animal has been altered must be provided. The cost for a spayed/neutered dog is $3.50 (annually) and unspayed/unneutered dog is $11.50. One tag is issued for the lifetime of the license; however, in the event of loss, can be replaced at an additional cost. A renewal letter will be sent on an annual basis, based upon the anniversary of the license.
If you have a dog that is of age and unlicensed, you are in violation of State and Town statutes. Please be aware that is the Town conducts a dog enumeration, not only will you have to pay the licensing fee, but you will also have to pay an additional fee for having an unlicensed dog. If you have any questions please visit the Stephentown Town Clerk’s Office, at 518-733-9195 ext. 8 or by email at email@example.com.
Examination of Assessment Inventory and Valuation Data:
Town of Stephentown, Stephentown, NY, 12168. In accordance with Section 501 of the New York State Real Property Tax Law, notice is hereby given that the assessor for the Town of Stephentown has available for review assessment inventory and valuation data. An appointment to review this information can be made by calling Jennifer Van Deusen, Assessor for the Town of Stephentown at (518)733-9195 ext. 1 or come in Wednesday between the open hours of 6:00pm – 9:00pm or Saturday 8:00am – 11:00am.